Thursday, October 7, 2010

carvin' away

I was given my first piece of wood to carve by my best mate Pam on turning 40, but waited another year before enrolling in a two day workshop at the Tom Bass Sculpture School with Maricha Oxley one vey hot January just under five years ago.............that was my beginnings in wood carving. As a former forester I have been loving getting re-acqainted with the various wood properties I learnt about at university in Canberra, but I think about them now in a creative and expressive way, not as I might have back then when I thought I'd be working in a production forestry setting.  

So this blog is about documenting my wood carving world...........the projects I am doing, what inspires me, the people who are helping me learn and other carving related bits and bobs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment